taurus raging bull in 454 casull has some problems
h***@gmail.com
2016-09-25 00:09:25 UTC
Hello...

My Son and I were target shooting today, he has a Taurus Raging Bull 454 8"
Barrel I think he was using 260 grain shells. When he got to 4th shell the
5th shell fired right after it He did not pull the trigger it just fired by
itself it was like pop pop real quick. We looked the gun over and did not
notice any damage so he fired about 10 more rounds with no problem. Has anyone
ever had this happen with the 454 Taurus Raging Bull?

Thank You...
Martin Eastburn
2016-09-25 17:15:37 UTC
Not I don't.
Did the trigger (internal) bounce ? Can it move if the finger trigger
depressed ? I'm thinking of the hammer double striking on a bounce.
Just a thought and it should not work this way if it does seems to me.
Going into auto mode of some sort...

New guns have new internal designs that might bring interesting results.

Martin
Gunner Asch
2016-09-25 17:15:39 UTC
On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 00:09:25 +0000 (UTC), ***@gmail.com wrote:

#Hello...
#
#My Son and I were target shooting today, he has a Taurus Raging Bull 454 8"
#Barrel I think he was using 260 grain shells. When he got to 4th shell the
#5th shell fired right after it He did not pull the trigger it just fired by
#itself it was like pop pop real quick. We looked the gun over and did not
#notice any damage so he fired about 10 more rounds with no problem. Has anyone
#ever had this happen with the 454 Taurus Raging Bull?
#
#Thank You...

I suspect he double stroked the trigger. If it fired while #4 was
still in front of the barrel...#5 should have damaged the side of the
revolver.
If it fired #5 in line with the barrel....he double stroked the
trigger.
Its not a semi automatic..so it wont revolve the cylinder by
itself..he had to have done it..

That can be an issue with potent cartridges...shock to the nerves in
the wrist..and it can cause a spasm...including the trigger finger.
Steve W.
2016-09-25 21:07:43 UTC
***@gmail.com wrote:
# Hello...
#
# My Son and I were target shooting today, he has a Taurus Raging Bull 454 8"
# Barrel I think he was using 260 grain shells. When he got to 4th shell the
# 5th shell fired right after it He did not pull the trigger it just fired by
# itself it was like pop pop real quick. We looked the gun over and did not
# notice any damage so he fired about 10 more rounds with no problem. Has anyone
# ever had this happen with the 454 Taurus Raging Bull?
#
# Thank You...
#

Well being a revolver about the only way that can happen is if you pull
the trigger twice. Not an uncommon thing with a stout recoiling pistol.
You pull the trigger, the gun recoils in your hand and as it returns to
position you reflexively tighten your grip. Trigger finger pulls and you
get the second shot.
Steve W.
h***@gmail.com
2016-09-29 18:12:34 UTC
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 5:07:45 PM UTC-4, Steve wrote:
# ***@gmail.com wrote:
# # Hello...
# #
[...]
# --
# Steve W.

OK thank you for the answers makes sense that he just jerked with the recoil.
Shot it again a few days ago this time no problems.

-Hank
Gunner Asch
2016-09-30 09:48:35 UTC
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:12:34 +0000 (UTC), ***@gmail.com wrote:

#On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 5:07:45 PM UTC-4, Steve wrote:
## ***@gmail.com wrote:
## # Hello...
## #
## # My Son and I were target shooting today, he has a Taurus Raging Bull 454 8"
## # Barrel I think he was using 260 grain shells. When he got to 4th shell the
## # 5th shell fired right after it He did not pull the trigger it just fired by
## # itself it was like pop pop real quick. We looked the gun over and did not
## # notice any damage so he fired about 10 more rounds with no problem. Has anyone
## # ever had this happen with the 454 Taurus Raging Bull?
## #
## # Thank You...
## #
##
## Well being a revolver about the only way that can happen is if you pull
## the trigger twice. Not an uncommon thing with a stout recoiling pistol.
## You pull the trigger, the gun recoils in your hand and as it returns to
## position you reflexively tighten your grip. Trigger finger pulls and you
## get the second shot.
##
## --
## Steve W.
#OK thank you for the answers makes sense that he just jerked with the recoil.
#Shot it again a few days ago this time no problems.
#
#-Hank

Shrug..it happens, particularly to newbies to heavy recoiling
handguns. As his skills and muscle control improve..it wont happen
again. Getting off multiple shots in rapid fire ..aimed..takes much
work

Gunner