Any .45 ACP Black Talon for sale?
o***@gmail.com
2015-07-11 21:52:59 UTC
I want them. Do you havea picture.
David R. Birch
2015-07-12 10:04:33 UTC
On 7/11/2015 4:52 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
# I want them. Do you have a picture.

Have you heard of a search engine called Google?

Try " black talon 45 ACP for sale"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=493873853

Good luck.

David
Just Wondering
2015-07-12 10:04:34 UTC
#
You can buy it at alamoammo.com - at $125 for 20 rounds ($6.25 per round).
https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/45-auto/45-auto-winchester-black-talon-deep-penetrator-230-gr-sxt-20-rnds-collectors-m-id-545a-upc-020892205048?#xml
Gunner Asch
2015-07-12 20:18:21 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 10:04:34 +0000 (UTC), Just Wondering
<***@comcast.net> wrote:

#On 7/11/2015 3:52 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
## I want them. Do you have a picture.
##
#You can buy it at alamoammo.com - at $125 for 20 rounds ($6.25 per round).
#https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/45-auto/45-auto-winchester-black-talon-deep-penetrator-230-gr-sxt-20-rnds-collectors-m-id-545a-upc-020892205048?#xml

Of course there are a couple dozen equal or better JHPs readily
available at any gun shop.

I carry Remington Golden Sabers in most of my carry guns.

https://www.google.com/search?q=golden+sabres&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Gunner
Just Wondering
2015-07-12 20:18:22 UTC
On 7/12/2015 4:04 AM, Just Wondering wrote:
# On 7/11/2015 3:52 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
# # I want them. Do you have a picture.
# #
# You can buy it at alamoammo.com - at $125 for 20 rounds ($6.25 per round).
# https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/45-auto/45-auto-winchester-black-talon-deep-penetrator-230-gr-sxt-20-rnds-collectors-m-id-545a-upc-020892205048?#xml
#
More:
http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/winchester-black-talon-45-acp/
http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/black-talon-45-acp/

But why Black Talon? There's arguably even better defensive ammo at a
much better price. For example:
http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Federal-Premium-Tactical-HST-45-ACP-230-Grain-JHP-p/p45hst2.htm
Gunner Asch
2015-07-13 10:02:47 UTC
On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:18:22 +0000 (UTC), Just Wondering
<***@comcast.net> wrote:

#On 7/12/2015 4:04 AM, Just Wondering wrote:
## On 7/11/2015 3:52 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
## # I want them. Do you have a picture.
## #
## You can buy it at alamoammo.com - at $125 for 20 rounds ($6.25 per round).
## https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/45-auto/45-auto-winchester-black-talon-deep-penetrator-230-gr-sxt-20-rnds-collectors-m-id-545a-upc-020892205048?#xml
##
#More:
#http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/winchester-black-talon-45-acp/
#http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/black-talon-45-acp/
#
#But why Black Talon? There's arguably even better defensive ammo at a
#much better price. For example:
#http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/Federal-Premium-Tactical-HST-45-ACP-230-Grain-JHP-p/p45hst2.htm

Da Ebil Black Talon!!!! Run! Run for yer lives!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/daniel-zimmerman/9mm-ammo-quest-remington-golden-saber/

etc etc etc
David R. Birch
2015-07-13 19:42:58 UTC
# Da Ebil Black Talon!!!! Run! Run for yer lives!!
#
# https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon
#
# http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/daniel-zimmerman/9mm-ammo-quest-remington-golden-saber/
#
# etc etc etc

I have a box of 9mm and a box of .40S&W Black Talon. Maybe I should lock
them up with cloves of garlic.

David
Brooks
2015-07-13 21:54:42 UTC
The current Ranger T-Series would scare me much more than the old Black
Talon.
g***@gmail.com

I have some 45 ACP Black Talons I will sell for that same price $125 for a box 20.
l***@gmail.com
2015-10-06 14:53:45 UTC
$125/20rds. of this (awesome) ammo is ridiculous.
Gunner Asch
2015-10-06 20:34:17 UTC
On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 14:53:45 +0000 (UTC), ***@gmail.com wrote:

#$125/20rds. of this (awesome) ammo is ridiculous.

Its a collectors item, nothing more. In fact..there is now much
better ammo available for 1/4 of that price
R.L. Horn

Which, I have to say, *still* seems ridiculously high. :)
Just Wondering
2015-10-07 19:59:25 UTC
On 10/7/2015 11:48 AM, R.L. Horn wrote:
# On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:34: Gunner Asch wrote:
# # On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 14:53:45 ***@gmail.com wrote:
# #
# ##$125/20rds. of this (awesome) ammo is ridiculous.
#
# In fact..there is now much better ammo available for 1/4 of that price
# Which, I have to say, *still* seems ridiculously high. :)
#
..45 ACP Federal HST 230 grain, 50 round box for $27 plus shipping.
http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/50-round-box-45-auto-federal-hst-230-grain-hp-hollow-point-le-ammo-p45hst2
Works out to $120 for 200 rounds, that's one tenth of that Black Talon
price.

Prices are a few bucks less for HST in .40S&W and 9mm.

Found in half a minute with wikiarms.com. Wikiarms is your friend.
R.L. Horn
2015-10-08 20:16:55 UTC
On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 19:59:25 +0000 (UTC), Just Wondering
<***@comcast.net> wrote:

# ..45 ACP Federal HST 230 grain, 50 round box for $27 plus shipping.
# http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/50-round-box-45-auto-federal-hst-230-grain-hp-hollow-point-le-ammo-p45hst2
# Works out to $120 for 200 rounds, that's one tenth of that Black Talon
# price.

Even Ranger T appears to go for about $40/50, which might be less per
round than boutique boxes of BT were selling for in the '90s. Depending
on whom you buy it from, you may or may not be asked to prove you're a
cop.

The reason BT is so expensive is because of all the contemporary
political silliness plus the fact that it's been off the market for
fifteen years.

Correction: Pistol-caliber BT seems to have been off the market for 22
years. Yikes...
n***@gmail.com
2017-04-09 00:43:37 UTC
Do you still have these and are they still for sale?

[MODERATOR: Since the original note was very old, we'll just assume
that this poster is asking to connect with anyone who has some for
sale.]
g***@gmail.com
2017-04-09 19:43:16 UTC
Wouldn't be good if after a certain time "old" post were deleted?

[MODERATOR: Old jokes, old memes and old legends never leave the net. Why
would we expect our old posts to be any different? :)

This is actually authentic for our community. Any gun club meeting must
include some amount of old business that has been recycled since before
the Truman administration, allowing old guys to complain how we're now
doing it wrong and young people to question why it can't be their turn
to recycle the agendas. Rec.guns is just helping you train... ]