BlackDog Concealment
Frank
2017-09-28 22:13:35 UTC
This is not a commercial but I might have mentioned my son's father in
law, Carl Witt's, business:

https://blackdogconcealment.com/

Carl just posted a nice video on face book of a slow motion suppressor
and often puts other interesting shooting stuff there for those that
might be interested that frequent face book.
Gunner Asch
2017-10-02 09:39:24 UTC

#
#https://blackdogconcealment.com/
#
#Carl just posted a nice video on face book of a slow motion suppressor
#and often puts other interesting shooting stuff there for those that
#might be interested that frequent face book.

Thanks!! Interesting gear.

Im currently looking for a holster for a Star Bm. Ive carried it for
years in a Bianchi Askins Avenger which is a perfect fit for it.

The holster markings are #4, S&W 9mm. No idea what S&W it was
supposed to fit..Im assuming a M39...but really dont know. Its now on
my CCW permit and am looking for a daily duty CCW holster for it.

Its not exactly a "common" gun among the young and new
guys....chuckle.

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Gunner
Frank
2017-10-02 12:26:14 UTC
# wrote:
#
# #This is not a commercial but I might have mentioned my son's father in
# #law, Carl Witt's, business:
# #
[...]

Carl would most likely not have the gun or a model of it.
The Kydex holsters are molded around the gun or the blank model.
I bet you have all the equipment to make one yourself. You can buy
Kydex sheets and main equipment is an oven to heat it and a small press
to mold it. Then you need to trim and rivet attachments to complete. I
think there are videos about it on line.
MR
2017-10-05 13:30:24 UTC
On 10/2/2017 8:26 AM, Frank wrote:
# On 10/2/2017 5:39 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
# # On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 22:13:35 +0000 (UTC), Frank <***@frank.net>
# # wrote:
# #
# # #This is not a commercial but I might have mentioned my son's father in
# # #law, Carl Witt's, business:
# # #
[...]
I have made several holsters out of Kydex and use a hair dryer to soften
it. I do small sections using a cloth on top of Kydex to insulate
fingers and press to shape of unloaded gun. Heat is not hot enough to
harm the gun finish or parts.
A little practice and you will wonder why you haven't tried it sooner.
MR
Gunner Asch
2017-10-05 22:59:08 UTC
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 13:30:24 +0000 (UTC), MR <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

#On 10/2/2017 8:26 AM, Frank wrote:
## On 10/2/2017 5:39 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
## # On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 22:13:35 +0000 (UTC), Frank <***@frank.net>
## # wrote:
## #
## # #This is not a commercial but I might have mentioned my son's father in
## # #law, Carl Witt's, business:
## # #
[...]
##
## Carl would most likely not have the gun or a model of it.
## The Kydex holsters are molded around the gun or the blank model.
## I bet you have all the equipment to make one yourself. You can buy
## Kydex sheets and main equipment is an oven to heat it and a small press
## to mold it. Then you need to trim and rivet attachments to complete. I
## think there are videos about it on line.
##
##
##
#I have made several holsters out of Kydex and use a hair dryer to soften
#it. I do small sections using a cloth on top of Kydex to insulate
#fingers and press to shape of unloaded gun. Heat is not hot enough to
#harm the gun finish or parts.
#A little practice and you will wonder why you haven't tried it sooner.
#MR

Thanks!

Ive seen Kydex, have a couple knife sheaths made of the stuff..but
other than that...have zero experience wearing anything made of Kydex
or forming it. Ill have to try it, and thanks for the suggestion. Ive
been a leather holster guy for most of my life..the exception being a
few canvas holsters for the Weblys.

Much obliged!

Gunner
Frank
2017-10-08 19:07:33 UTC
[...]
Sounds like something you could do. I like the hair dryer/heat gun idea
and might use cloth gloves to form it. Kydex sheets don't appear
expensive so it is worth a try.