Chinese air gun question
l***@gmail.com
2017-05-10 16:51:11 UTC
On Tuesday, September 9, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, paul wrote:
# I just bought a Chinese air rifle made by 'Industry Brand' in
# Shanghai, China. It says Model 61 on the box, but the owners
# manual says Model B1. It's a .177 cal spring piston gun that
# breaks open in the center. The owners manual doesn't say what
# the muzzle velocity is, and wasn't very specific about anything.
# It did say that I should get 30mm groups at 30 meters. That's
# about 1in groups at 25yds. I looked in shotgun news for a similar
# model to compare it to, but couldn't find any from this
# manufacturer. I paid $29 for this gun. Is that a good deal?
# I wanted to ask the guy at the store about it, but he only
# spoke spanish. If anyone has any information about the
# muzzle velocity or where I can order spare parts, please
# email the information to me.

Paul, sorry I can't help you, but would you happen to have a link to the Model 61
owner's manual? I inhertied one and don't know how to operate it.

Many thanks,

Larry
TimR
2017-05-13 19:35:27 UTC
#
# Paul, sorry I can't help you, but would you happen to have a link to the Model 61
# owner's manual? I inhertied one and don't know how to operate it.
#
# Many thanks,
#
# Larry

These are reverse engineered from quality German airguns, but manufacturingquality varies
greatly. You might get a very good one. But trigger pull especially seems to be a matter
of luck. I had one with a 25 pound gritty pull - other people have had very nice ones.
It is possible to tweak themfor better performance, check with the people on the Chinese
forums (Yellow Airgun forums).
Tom Biasi
He may take another 10 years to get back to you. :-)
Gunner Asch
2017-05-14 11:06:30 UTC
On Wed, 10 May 2017 16:51:11 +0000 (UTC), ***@gmail.com
wrote:

[...]
Velocity is aprox 850 FPS on virtually all of the Chinese break action
spring guns. The 61 tends to keep up with the newer guns, but
accuracy on some is decent..as yours shows, others...pretty bad.

Mine was handpicked and will shoot under 1/2" at 25 yrds, will do an
honest 9/16" group of 10, at 50 yrds. Mine shows average velocity of
823 fps for a 10 shot average.