Looking for a 7x57 rifle
Gunner Asch
2016-10-11 11:49:06 UTC
was doing housecleaning out in the reloading shop and stumbled
across a shit-ton of 7x57 Mauser brass, bullets and loaded ammo.
So I went looking for my 7x57 rifle(s). None found. I remember
loaning someone..no idea who, a Spanish 93 Mauser the same year I had
my stroke..7 yrs ago. No idea who it was. Sigh.

So now Im looking for a rifle to shoot that brass in. Mil-surp,
commercial...shrug..Ive always favored it as a cast bullet arm as well
as a decent field gun for jacketed bullets.

Anybody have any such beast collecting dust in their closet? Mausers,
Rugers, Remingtons...just about anything that has a decent bore and a
usable stock on it. Mil surp, commercial..barreled actions with a good
bore and all the working parts..stocks I can find easy enough.

Swap, trade..maybe buy. Price is a big consideration. The cheaper the
better or a trade for something. As is known..I have a ton of
metalworking machinery/accessories. Got a 7x57 you are probably never
going to shoot again? Lets talk.

Gunner
s***@mail.com

J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ has some for sale: http://www.jgsales.com/spanish-1916-mauser-bolt-action-short-rifle,-7x57,-good-condition,-used.-p-80642.html
Gunner Asch
2016-10-12 09:15:26 UTC
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:56:27 +0000 (UTC), ***@mail.com wrote:

#On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 4:49:07 AM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
## was doing housecleaning out in the reloading shop and stumbled
## across a shit-ton of 7x57 Mauser brass, bullets and loaded ammo.
## So I went looking for my 7x57 rifle(s). None found. I remember
## loaning someone..no idea who, a Spanish 93 Mauser the same year I had
## my stroke..7 yrs ago. No idea who it was. Sigh.
##
[...]

They are asking $175 for this????

http://www.jgsales.com/spanish-1916-mauser-bolt-action-short-rifle,-7x57,-good-condition,-used.-p-80642.html

Check enlarged photos...#3, facing the bore.

Im going to have to hunt around some pawn shops and gun shows...as
that is the WORST Spanish Mauser Ive EVER seen. Wall hanger at best.

But thank you for the heads up!!

Gunner
s***@mail.com

I hadn't looked too closely at the photos, sorry. If I hear of someone with one in decent condition I'll let you know.
Gunner Asch
2016-10-14 00:51:59 UTC
#I hadn't looked too closely at the photos, sorry. If I hear of someone with one in decent condition I'll let you know.

Much obliged.