What is the status of the Glock 19 and Glock 29?
Synergy
2017-01-22 13:20:42 UTC
Hi,

I used to shoot a lot of rounds out of both the G19 (9mm) and G29 (10mm) compact pistols. Has the G-19 been crippled in any way in the last two decades? Is 10mm going the way of the DoDo Bird? (I love hot 10mm ammo if fired from a Glock, because the handgun likes it too.) By "hot" I mean "near/over book max for some bullet & powder charge & crimp combination".

I found quite a few loads that 10mm Glocks just ate up which would make most 1911-pattern 10mm pistols fall apart, literally.

Back when I owned a Desert Eagle in .44 Mag, it just hated factory ammo. Going about 3 grains more powder of what I was using from the book max load and making sure the crimp was tight, turned it into a very reliable, if hard to manage for me, handgun.

I sold the DE .44 Mag and the extra 14" barrel separately, and made a decent profit, but I miss how much fun I had when I pulled it out and warmed it up at a shooting range. At one indoor range in SC I was a member of, thelights were kept kind of low on the pistol range. The DE .44 Mag looked something like a very short range flame thrower when I fired it. With something as sturdy as any Glock or that Desert Eage, I was more than happy to let folks shoot factory ammo through my firearms. Feed jams did occur, but unless I knew someone very well, they did not get to use my hand loads which were rather reliable.

What I am wondering is there is something like a necked down 10mm round that is considered top notch these days. Something like the 10-25 ?(sp?) comes to mind
j***@gmail.com
2017-01-29 12:50:34 UTC
# What I am wondering is there is something like a necked down 10mm round
# that is considered top notch these days. Something like the 10-25 ?(sp?)
# comes to mind

Yes there is a 9x25 which is a 10mm necked to a 9mm some loads exceed 2000fps