MICHIGAN ARMS WOLVERINE
b***@gmail.com
2013-12-24 22:30:45 UTC
On Wednesday, February 4, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Black Sunshine wrote:
# does anyone have any info on the Michigan Arms Wolverine muzzleloader?
# email me!
#=20
# ~mike

I have one. I won it in a pistol match in MI in 1985. SN 2xx. It has a very
heavy barrel. It used shotgun primers. To fire it, you pull the bolt back. When
you pull the trigger the entire bolt goes foreward. A pointed area on the front
of the bolt hits the primer. The safety was odd. With the bolt in the cocked
position you pull the bolt handle down where it locks in a slot.

It seems to be well made as the metal and stock are very nice.

I found an article which said was the 1st or one of the first in line muzzel

Bill
r***@gmail.com
2013-12-28 02:19:23 UTC
On Wednesday, February 4, 1998 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Black Sunshine wrote:
# does anyone have any info on the Michigan Arms Wolverine muzzleloader?
# email me!
#
# ~mike

There's a good photo, description and history at the Natl. Arms Museum.

http://www.nramuseum.org/the-museum/the-galleries/freedom's-doorway/case-81-left-display/michigan-arms-wolverine-in-line-black-powder-rifle.aspx

Says they started in 1978.
t***@gmail.com
2017-11-17 12:54:51 UTC
On Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:30:45 PM UTC-6, ***@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

Breechplug is threaded,has a set screw but no way to remove it?