Info on Bryco arms Model 48 semi-auto .380 handgun ????
w***@gmail.com
2014-06-17 17:39:09 UTC
On Tuesday, December 14, 1993 7:58:40 PM UTC-6, B.Steven Doe wrote:
# I would be interested in any opinions regarding either the following
# Gun company or the particular model of gun I am examining.
#=20
# Company: Bryco Arms (sub company of Jennings Firearms)
# Model: Model 48 Semi-automatic handgun
# Caliber: .380
# Comment: 7 shot clip and 1 in the chamber
# Price: $109.00 (new)
#=20
# I am not a handgun expert by any means, however, this seems like a good
# price on a gun that would suit my needs. Does anyone have an opinion
# of whether the above price is fair for the quality of gun received ?
# What is the quality of the above gun or for that matter what kind of
# reputation does the company have ? How about cleaning and other
# maintenance activities ?
#=20
# I would greatly appreciate any opinions. Thanks for any help.
#=20
# steve

To me it sounds the same as people who never owned a Harley talking about the
oil leaks and the sportsters and these experts don't know anything about
them and have never owned a motorcycle.
Well I own a 9mm bryco and paid 110.00 for it and it's actually my second because
the first got confiscated by the police and since I never had one incident with
it jamming , misfiring or any other trouble with it and the fact that I still
had one of the magazines left from the first gun I bought the second and had
exactly the same reults from the second one. Never one time has it malfunctioned.
Yes they are Cheap and that was another thing I like about it because I don't
worry about scratching it or it getting wet or dirty, Now I have grown older
and have better classes of weapons but none have performed any better than the
bryco, My wife got me a 70' series National match Gold Cup Colt so I do know
the difference. And Last but not Least for all you Harley experts out there
that talk about "All Harleys Leak Oil" well the opd chain drive Harleys had
an automatic chain oiler on them that comes right off of the side of the oil
pump and you can shut it off but then you don't have any lubricant for the chain,
but there is a 7/16s head bolt which is a 1/4 x 20 that you open one quarter turn
and it puts a slow but steady drip of oil on the chain, you can open up the oil
cap when you stop and relieve the pressure which stops the drip and if you don't
it will drip until there no more pressure in the oil tank. And for you people who
talk down about Sportsters well I guess 1 out of 3 ain' t too bad Right.... I
agree with you "A SPORTSTER IS A GIRL'S BIKE!!!!
t***@gmail.com
2015-01-28 00:36:04 UTC
Is it true this gun is no good for home protection, that's the only reason I bought it, so
please b honest with u answers, thanks for saving my family's life,xaxa gun partner
Ralph Mowery
2015-01-28 01:45:56 UTC
<***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ma9atk$ihd$***@news.albasani.net...
# Is it true this gun is no good for home protection, that's the only reason
# I bought it, so
# please b honest with u answers, thanks for saving my family's life,xaxa
# gun partner
#

It may beat praying, but not by much.

Once someone is in your house you want something that is a large enough
caliber to do some major damage to them.
Gunner Asch
2015-01-28 01:45:58 UTC
On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 00:36:04 +0000 (UTC), ***@gmail.com wrote:

#Is it true this gun is no good for home protection, that's the only reason I bought it, so
#please b honest with u answers, thanks for saving my family's life,xaxa gun partner

If it shoots reliably and "accurately" with no issues..its suitable
for a self defense arm. And by "accurately"..I mean keeping 5 shots
in a paper plate at 21 feet.

Now Bryco has had reliablity issues over the years, but Ive seen some
that were 100% reliable and shot well enough.

Best to get 100 rds of ammo and take it to the range and see if it is
reliable and if not..have a gunsmith do some magic on it. They really
arent BAD guys. They were cheaply made..but so was a VW. On the other
hand..so was a Yugo. Shrug...being a cheap gun does not automatically
make it "bad". Personally..I think you would have been better served
with a inexpensive used revolver in 38 Special..a used Colt or S&W and
either can be had used for the price of a new Bryco if one looks
around a bit.

I should also mention that .380 caliber..no matter which firearm its
fired in..is at the very very bottom of the list for cartridges
suitable for self defense. Again..an inexpensive used revolver in 38
Special would be far superior to .380, both using hollow pointed
ammunition.

But..if all you could afford was a Bryco..go see if it fires reliably
and then keep it close at hand..and put your pop bottle money in a
piggy bank for a decent used revolver when you can afford one.

Gunner
m***@gmail.com
2016-05-20 19:27:01 UTC
Im willing to pay that price on the 380 for 109
j***@gmail.com
2016-12-03 10:36:22 UTC
Would you want to get popped by a 380 round ?. I didn't think so.
h***@gmail.com
2017-01-13 21:51:37 UTC
On Tuesday, December 14, 1993 at 7:55:09 PM UTC-5, B.Steven Doe wrote:
[...]

Funny thing i bought a jennings back in 1993. Really was not a auto guy. Picked it
up brand new for 80. And i never had a jam fired probably 400 rounds thru kept it
for a few years it set idle and gave it to my brother. I had no problem hitting a
paper target at 20 yards. Not to put my reputation on the line i'm just chiming in.
Personally for home defense and not an avid pistol shooter i recommend a tactical
shotgun.
f***@gmail.com
2017-04-04 10:01:15 UTC
Got this gun from my son..Who is an avid gun novelist,,thing is it keeps not firing and the
clips keep jamming...Good looking pistol though..But nothing inside
d***@gmail.com
2017-08-28 13:06:18 UTC
Save 200$ more dollars and get a real gun. i bought a Bryco 25 Jam o matic.
I just bought a Bryco model 48 Chrome 380, it looks nice its really pretty.
Took it in my brothers back yard and was very disappointed I wasted my model
on another Jam O Matic. I still have it, if it doesn't sell it can sit on the
fire place as decoration, too heavy to be a wall hanger. I will never buy
another Bryco anything ever. Oh and good luck with the clip that it comes
with, or finding a new one.

~Dee
Gunner Asch
2017-08-28 17:02:45 UTC
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 13:06:18 +0000 (UTC), ***@gmail.com wrote:

#
#Save 200$ more dollars and get a real gun. i bought a Bryco 25 Jam o matic.
#I just bought a Bryco model 48 Chrome 380, it looks nice its really pretty.
#Took it in my brothers back yard and was very disappointed I wasted my model
#on another Jam O Matic. I still have it, if it doesn't sell it can sit on the
#fire place as decoration, too heavy to be a wall hanger. I will never buy
#another Bryco anything ever. Oh and good luck with the clip that it comes
#with, or finding a new one.
#
#~Dee

Bryco? (Smile)....I have one for a paper weight on my desk. Its about
the worst .380 one can own. Same with the Jennings. I have one of
those as well...somewhere..probably pushed all the way to the back of
my vault or in a junk drawer somewhere.

Now..the Brycos can be made to shoot, by tuning and tweaking and
judicious use of a Dremal polishing bob...but...why? The tune up job
will last about 2 boxes of shells..and it will fuck up again.

Want a .380?

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/top-15-smallest-pistols/

Though to be honest...380 is at the absolute bottom..way at the bottom
of the self defense cartridges. I wont carry one on the street. .25
ACP of course is only good for a starting pistol for races and
whatnot. The cartridge is LESS powerful than 22 LR

Get at the minimum..a 9mm. There are some very good 9mms out there
for very little money. Will cost you about $250-300 for a new one.

"Canick" has a very good name right now..and it sells for between
$225-300

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=canik

For small 9mms...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=small+9mm

For the cheapest RELIABLE 9mm....Hi-point

---