TEC-22 Reliability Problems
l***@gmail.com
2017-12-13 00:18:12 UTC
Years ago bought 2 tec-22s, same problem. made all sorts of modifications to
one of them with no luck. One day I got brave and held it sideways port directly
facing me and pulled the trigger. Saw the bolt only travel a little over half way,
pick up another round and jam without ejecting. Tore the gun down and discovered
a spacer behind the spring in the buffer, removed it, test fired it and no more
jams. With the spacer in and the hottest ammo I could find it functioned moderately
good. That's all I know, hope it helps.
P.S. both of them cycled perfect -- any ammo, ruger 10-22 mags.
TimR
2017-12-15 20:58:15 UTC
On Thursday, November 7, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, ***@aol.com wrote:
# My friend has an IntraTec Tec-22. It's a fun gun, but it works about 10%
# of the time. The main problems are double feeding, failure to eject,
# failure to extract.
Had one years ago. Never got a full magazine through it without some kind of jam. Too bad, it seemed like a good idea.