Why Do I Like RCBS
Just Another Joe
2017-03-07 16:35:43 UTC
Why Do I Like RCBS?

The simplest answer I can give to the above is one word, "Warranty."
Twice in the last month they have bailed me out of problems of my own
making. The first one was that I bent the decapping stem on my 30-30
die. Not a problem they said, and a week or so later a new one shows up
in the mail with a bag of 5 extra headed decapping pins.

The second problem was a smashed spring in the .27-.45 caliber
universal decapping stem. Even though their facility near the weakened
Oro Dam was closed, I took a chance and called their 800 number, and
actually talked to a real live person :-)

After explaining the situation, even though they didn't ask, they sent
3 replacement springs, 5 more headed decapping pins, and a brand new
complete universal decapping stem. Apparently they've become aware of
my brutishness when decapping ;-)

I know other companies in the reloading field stand behind their
products as well, but RCBS is where my experience is, and I'll stick
with them.

Joe
Diogenes
2017-03-09 21:40:13 UTC
My experience has been similar. Have been using RCBS products almost
exclusively for nearly fifty years.

And now for the bonus question - what does "RCBS" stand for?
Frank
2017-03-10 00:35:31 UTC
On 3/9/2017 4:40 PM, Diogenes wrote:
# My experience has been similar. Have been using RCBS products almost
# exclusively for nearly fifty years.
#
# And now for the bonus question - what does "RCBS" stand for?
Interesting question so I looked at rcbs.com and found this:

"Rock Chuck Bullet Swage dies, later shortened to RCBS"

I use their dies and find them an excellent product.
Diogenes
2017-03-10 19:55:35 UTC
On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 00:35:31 +0000 (UTC), Frank <"frank "@frank.net>
wrote:

#On 3/9/2017 4:40 PM, Diogenes wrote:
## My experience has been similar. Have been using RCBS products almost
## exclusively for nearly fifty years.
##
## And now for the bonus question - what does "RCBS" stand for?
##
##
##
#Interesting question so I looked at rcbs.com and found this:
#
#"Rock Chuck Bullet Swage dies, later shortened to RCBS"
#
#I use their dies and find them an excellent product.

I had an interesting experience with RCBS ~ thirty years ago. I had
trouble getting a die adjusted properly and called the company for
assistance. After I told the receptionist that I was having difficulty
with one of their dies she said "Just hold one minute, please."

A few seconds later a cheerful voice came on the line saying "Hi,
Fred Huntingon here, what's the problem?" I explained my issue and he
told me how to resolve it. When you call in with a problem and are put
straight through to the company president THAT is what I call
customer service.
Frank
2017-03-11 01:22:46 UTC
# wrote:
#
# #On 3/9/2017 4:40 PM, Diogenes wrote:
# ## My experience has been similar. Have been using RCBS products almost
# ## exclusively for nearly fifty years.
# ##
# ## And now for the bonus question - what does "RCBS" stand for?
# ##
# ##
# ##
# #Interesting question so I looked at rcbs.com and found this:
# #
# #"Rock Chuck Bullet Swage dies, later shortened to RCBS"
# #
# #I use their dies and find them an excellent product.
#
# I had an interesting experience with RCBS ~ thirty years ago. I had
# trouble getting a die adjusted properly and called the company for
# assistance. After I told the receptionist that I was having difficulty
# with one of their dies she said "Just hold one minute, please."
#
# A few seconds later a cheerful voice came on the line saying "Hi,
# Fred Huntingon here, what's the problem?" I explained my issue and he
# told me how to resolve it. When you call in with a problem and are put
# straight through to the company president THAT is what I call
# customer service.
Great story. People in shooting community are very friendly.

Martin Eastburn
2017-03-10 10:59:47 UTC
I have a setup myself. One thing I did right was to buy a Cover.
It is mounted on the bench and I swing the handle now and then but with
the cover the moisture in the room didn't attack the sliding rod. I
have seen rusted ones that are almost impossible to move and they are
sanded down and cleaned to work once again - looks bad...

All it is is a bag.

And custom dies were made for the RCBS which made it easier and the
standard dies are available.

Martin