Trap Gun Not Closing Properly
Pavel Svinchnik
2017-05-29 19:47:20 UTC
I have an Antonio Zoli Ritmo trap gun, which I bought used. It's a single barrel,
single shot gun. When I first got it, I'd load a shell into the chamber and close
the gun and it would lock.

Now sometimes when I try to close it, it doesn't close until I move the lever back
to the opening position, after which it closes properly and locks. I noticed that
if the lever snaps back to center from the right, where I push it to open the gun,
it has trouble closing. If the lever stays in the right position after opening, it
closes properly.

It's not that big a problem to move the lever to the right once in a while but I
wonder if this might be a symptom of something more serious going wrong. I was
thinking of taking the gun to a gunsmith for a tune up; am I worrying too much or
would that be a good move?

Paul
Joe Pfeiffer
2017-06-02 16:14:09 UTC

#
# Now sometimes when I try to close it, it doesn't close until I move the lever back
# to the opening position, after which it closes properly and locks. I noticed that
# if the lever snaps back to center from the right, where I push it to open the gun,
# it has trouble closing. If the lever stays in the right position after opening, it
# closes properly.
#
# It's not that big a problem to move the lever to the right once in a while but I
# wonder if this might be a symptom of something more serious going wrong. I was
# thinking of taking the gun to a gunsmith for a tune up; am I worrying too much or
# would that be a good move?

In the case of my Beretta Silver Snipe, these symptoms were the result
of screws loosening in the action.