Flash Hider Effect on Recoil
p***@hotmail.com
2016-11-03 11:33:34 UTC
The M1 carbine and the Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine were equipped with
cone-type flash hiders. Since these devices are similar in general
configuration to the divergent nozzles sometimes used on rocket and
jet engines, can they increase the recoil on a firearm by directing
the muzzle blast more to the front than the birdcage or other type
flash hiders used on modern military rifles?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Peter Wezeman

anti-social Darwinist
chasseur
2016-11-03 15:55:27 UTC
#
# Thank you in advance for any replies.
#
# Peter Wezeman
#
# anti-social Darwinist
#

I owned a No. 4 and a Jungle (No. 5) some years ago and I never
experienced a noticeable difference in recoil between the two of them
wether it be with the old cordite surplus ammo or my 180 gr. handloads.

Chasseur
p***@hotmail.com
2016-11-10 01:53:52 UTC
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 10:55:30 AM UTC-5, chasseur wrote:
# Le 03/nov./2016 =C4=85 07:33, ***@hotmail.com a =C3=A9crit :
# # The M1 carbine and the Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine were equipped with
# # cone-type flash hiders. Since these devices are similar in general
# # configuration to the divergent nozzles sometimes used on rocket and
# # jet engines, can they increase the recoil on a firearm by directing
# # the muzzle blast more to the front than the birdcage or other type
# # flash hiders used on modern military rifles?
# #
# # Thank you in advance for any replies.
# #
# # Peter Wezeman
# I owned a No. 4 and a Jungle (No. 5) some years ago and I never=20
# experienced a noticeable difference in recoil between the two of them=20
# wether it be with the old cordite surplus ammo or my 180 gr. handloads.

thank you,

Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist