Discussion:
Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
(too old to reply)
S***@hotmail.com
2016-06-02 19:41:59 UTC
Permalink
Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?

Of any caliber ?
Bert
2016-06-02 23:55:50 UTC
Permalink
In news:niq267$q3s$***@news.albasani.net "***@hotmail.com"
<***@hotmail.com> wrote:

# Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
#
# Of any caliber ?

The "standard" magazines for the .40 and .45 cal M&P Shield are 6
rounds.
--
***@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN
TimR
2016-06-03 14:08:55 UTC
Permalink
On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 7:55:53 PM UTC-4, Bert wrote:
# In news:niq267$q3s$***@news.albasani.net "***@hotmail.com"
# <***@hotmail.com> wrote:=20
#=20
# # Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
# #=20
# # Of any caliber ?
#=20
# The "standard" magazines for the .40 and .45 cal M&P Shield are 6
# rounds.=20

In the 60s I saw a James Bond movie where one of the bad guys had a Smith & Wesson semi.
I still remember the dialogue. James (a very young Sean Connery) says "that's a Smith and
Wesson, and you've had your six." Then he calmly shoots and kills the guy. I remember as
a child being a bit shocked at the casualness of the killing.

I googled it, and according to IFMDB, that pistol was a 1911 and S&W did not make one at
the time; the slide did lock back after six rounds in the movie. So this was a firearms
error that ifmdb speculates may have intended a S&W revolver instead. This was Dr. No,
1962, and the bad guy in this scene was Professor Dent.
Ralph Mowery
2016-06-03 22:58:18 UTC
Permalink
In article <nis31m$hte$***@news.albasani.net>, ***@aol.com says...
#
# On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 7:55:53 PM UTC-4, Bert wrote:
# # In news:niq267$q3s$***@news.albasani.net "***@hotmail.com"
# # <***@hotmail.com> wrote:=20
# #=20
# # # Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
# # #=20
# # # Of any caliber ?
# #=20
# # The "standard" magazines for the .40 and .45 cal M&P Shield are 6
# # rounds.=20
#
# In the 60s I saw a James Bond movie where one of the bad guys had a Smith & Wesson semi.
# I still remember the dialogue. James (a very young Sean Connery) says "that's a Smith and
# Wesson, and you've had your six." Then he calmly shoots and kills the guy. I remember as
# a child being a bit shocked at the casualness of the killing.
#
# I googled it, and according to IFMDB, that pistol was a 1911 and S&W did not make one at
# the time; the slide did lock back after six rounds in the movie. So this was a firearms
# error that ifmdb speculates may have intended a S&W revolver instead. This was Dr. No,
# 1962, and the bad guy in this scene was Professor Dent.


Flemming knew little of guns. If the movie makers used the same
reference to guns as he did there could be many mistakes.
Mike Fontenot
2016-06-03 22:58:17 UTC
Permalink
On 6/3/16 8:08 AM, TimR wrote:
#
# In the 60s I saw a James Bond movie where one of the bad guys had a Smith & Wesson semi.
# [...] So this was a firearms
# error that ifmdb speculates may have intended a S&W revolver instead.
#

I think that is exactly what happened. I bet in the original script
(and consequently in the subsequent movie dialog), the gun was a S&W
DA/SA revolver. The director probably substituted a 1911 just because
he thought it looked sexier.

-- Mike Fontenot
Martin Eastburn
2016-06-04 10:38:04 UTC
Permalink
Remember the Shotgun wood plugs to prevent shooting more than 3 ?
And I suspect the same thing in competition shooting - limit the number
to 6 so six-guns and the new fancy semi-auto's could shoot at the same
line. So the clips might have had spacers in them. Who knows where it
was shot, six might have been the law and the law had 9 or 11 ... shots.

Martin getting old, but not that old!
Just Wondering
2016-06-04 10:38:05 UTC
Permalink
On 6/3/2016 4:58 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
# ***@aol.com says...
#
# # In the 60s I saw a James Bond movie where one of the bad guys had a Smith & Wesson semi.
# # I still remember the dialogue. James (a very young Sean Connery) says "that's a Smith and
# # Wesson, and you've had your six." Then he calmly shoots and kills the guy. I remember as
# # a child being a bit shocked at the casualness of the killing.
# #
# # I googled it, and according to IFMDB, that pistol was a 1911 and S&W did not make one at
# # the time; the slide did lock back after six rounds in the movie. So this was a firearms
# # error that ifmdb speculates may have intended a S&W revolver instead. This was Dr. No,
# # 1962, and the bad guy in this scene was Professor Dent.
#
# Flemming knew little of guns. If the movie makers used the same
# reference to guns as he did there could be many mistakes.
#
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_PP#PPK
"The Walther PPK pistol is famous as fictional secret agent James Bond's
gun in many of the films and novels: Ian Fleming's choice of the Walther
PPK directly influenced its popularity and its notoriety.[6][7] Fleming
had given Bond a .25 Beretta 418 pistol in early novels, but switched to
the PPK in Dr. No on the advice of firearms expert Geoffrey Boothroyd."
Seriously, Fleming started out arming an international spy with a gun
firing 7 rounds of .25 caliber from a 2.4" barrel? And the replacement
PPK (firing 7 rounds of .32 from a 3.3" barrel) can't have been state of
the art. Shoot, a Browning Model 1922 (9 rounds of .380 from a 4.5"
barrel) was also concealable and would have been a better choice.
Joe Pfeiffer
2016-06-02 23:55:51 UTC
Permalink
"***@hotmail.com" <***@hotmail.com> writes:

# Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
#
# Of any caliber ?

Beretta Nano 6 rd magazine +1 in the chamber (there is also an 8+1
extended magazine available). That came to mind because I own one; I'm
sure there are other examples.
Just Wondering
2016-06-03 20:46:04 UTC
Permalink
On 6/2/2016 1:41 PM, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
# Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
# Of any caliber ?
#
Sure, there are plenty.
The internet is your friend. Do a web search on "six round magazine".

Examples:
A whole bunch of .45 caliber model 1911's.
Kahr CM9. 9mm
Ruger LCP, .380
Smith & Wesson BodyGuard .380
Taurus 740 .40S&W

You can do the rest of your looking by following up with the
search I described above.
CH
2016-11-08 09:34:18 UTC
Permalink
<***@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:niq267$q3s$***@news.albasani.net...
# Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
#
# Of any caliber ?

Glock 36 in .45ACP
Just Wondering
2016-11-08 13:00:14 UTC
Permalink
On 11/8/2016 2:34 AM, CH wrote:
# <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
# news:niq267$q3s$***@news.albasani.net...
#> Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
#> Of any caliber ?
#
# Glock 36 in .45ACP
#
I assume you mean semiautomatic, not automatic.

Kimber Solo Carry 9mm
http://www.kimberamerica.com/solo-carry

Ruger LCP .380
http://ruger.com/products/lcp/specSheets/3701.html

Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard .380
http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-bodyguard-380

I'm sure there are others. You could do the research
as easily as anyone else.

But why do you want to limit magazine capacity to six rounds?
slate_leeper
2016-11-08 13:00:15 UTC
Permalink
My S&W TSW4513 holds six 45ACP in the magazine, and seven in the
extended magazine.

My favorite carry gun, by the way.

-dan z-
s***@mail.com
2016-11-08 23:55:06 UTC
Permalink
On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 12:42:01 PM UTC-7, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
# Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
#
# Of any caliber ?

Kahr's PM and MK series have 6 round magazines.
Shall not be infringed
2016-11-28 00:13:31 UTC
Permalink
On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 3:42:01 PM UTC-4, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
# Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
#
# Of any caliber ?

Glock 42 and 43, and Bersa 380.
R.L. Horn
2016-12-03 10:36:21 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:13:31 +0000 (UTC), Shall not be infringed
<hot-ham-and-***@hotmail.com> wrote:

# On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 3:42:01 PM UTC-4, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
## Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
##
## Of any caliber ?
#
# Glock 42 and 43, and Bersa 380.

Ruger LCP. Plenty of wee single-stacks are in the 6-round neighborhood.

1911 if you worry about the spring taking a set. ;)
Gunner Asch
2017-02-27 13:31:48 UTC
Permalink
On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 10:36:21 +0000 (UTC), "R.L. Horn"
<***@eastcheap.org> wrote:

#On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:13:31 +0000 (UTC), Shall not be infringed
#<hot-ham-and-***@hotmail.com> wrote:
#
## On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 3:42:01 PM UTC-4, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
### Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
###
### Of any caliber ?
##
## Glock 42 and 43, and Bersa 380.
#
#Ruger LCP. Plenty of wee single-stacks are in the 6-round neighborhood.
#
#1911 if you worry about the spring taking a set. ;)

AMT 45 DAO
Gunner Asch
2017-04-04 10:01:17 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:31:48 +0000 (UTC), Gunner Asch
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

#On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 10:36:21 +0000 (UTC), "R.L. Horn"
#<***@eastcheap.org> wrote:
#
##On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:13:31 +0000 (UTC), Shall not be infringed
##<hot-ham-and-***@hotmail.com> wrote:
##
### On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 3:42:01 PM UTC-4, ***@hotmail.com wrote:
#### Are there any automatic pistols which have a six round magazine ?
####
#### Of any caliber ?
###
### Glock 42 and 43, and Bersa 380.
##
##Ruger LCP. Plenty of wee single-stacks are in the 6-round neighborhood.
##
##1911 if you worry about the spring taking a set. ;)
#
#AMT 45 DAO
#
That one is actually a 5 shot mag, now that I think about it.

Loading...