rec.guns Google feed quality
john moore
2018-04-13 09:17:05 UTC
Hi all,

I am forced at present to access rec.guns through Google groups. I have no other alternative.
I recall from the late '90s and early '00s (when I last had a proper ISP acct.) rec.guns to be
a busy, vibrant and thriving group. On this Google Groups feed I see 2-3, tops, original posts
per month with maybe 1-2 replies.
Is anyone else trying to access rec.guns through Google groups and is their feed as poor as the
one that I am experiencing?
What to do for better group coverage?

John Moore
rec.gunner since 1994

[MODERATOR: Unfortunately that is the level of traffic here any more.
You're not missing any posts that are somehow not making it to you.]
r***@yahoo.co.uk
2018-04-13 22:04:45 UTC
13 April 2018 at 9:17, john moore wrote:
rec.guns Google feed quality (at least in part)

# What to do for better group coverage?

# John Moore
# rec.gunner since 1994

Try a free news feed and a news reader, I've not checked but there are (at
least here) a few free news feeds that may carry Rec.guns
Peter Franks
2018-04-15 14:39:54 UTC
#

Eternal September (https://www.eternal-september.org/) is the feed I
use, with Thunderbird as the reader.
tom

Try news.eternal-september.org it carries rec.guns.
john moore
2018-04-17 21:35:44 UTC
On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 10:39:57 AM UTC-4, > #
#
# Try news.eternal-september.org it carries rec.guns.

Thnx for the suggestion. Registered several days ago and am just waiting for my confirmation email.

John Moore in Knoxville
rec.gunner since '94