Autauga MK II .32ACP
s***@gmail.com
2013-07-05 21:18:12 UTC
I know this post is quite old, but I recently aquired an autauga mk 2 and the
slide has been welded. The longer I have it, the less I trust firing it. I'm
in need of help in aqcuiring a new slide. Hopefully someone sees this and can
at least point me in the right direction to find one.

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
Martin Eastburn
2013-07-06 21:39:39 UTC
The obvious reason - you should surmise - take it to a gun smith. They
know what to do from this point.

Welded ? - How and why ? The gun might have been a problem or was a
family archive and living in a no gun place - thus welding the slide to
disable it.

Martin

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
s***@prolynx.com
2013-07-07 10:10:58 UTC
On Friday, July 5, 2013 3:18:12 PM UTC-6, ***@gmail.com wrote:
# I know this post is quite old, but I recently aquired an autauga mk 2 and
the slide has been welded. The longer I have it, the less I trust firing i
t. I'm in need of help in aqcuiring a new slide. Hopefully someone sees thi
s and can at least point me in the right direction to find one.=20

With only 3000 made, spares are pretty much going to be nonexistent. Good
luck finding a wrecked one with a good slide. If the company is still in b
usiness, you might try them to see if they've got any spares. Your other c
hoice is to find a good smith with a mill and have him chew one out for you
. Not a cheap option.

I assume the welding was to repair a crack. If not properly treated after
welding, you could have a failure in that area again. And most of that sor
t of gun were made to be carried and not fired a lot.

Stan

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
j***@yahoo.com
2018-09-02 15:41:14 UTC
On Sunday, December 31, 2000 at 11:04:48 AM UTC-5, William Powell wrote:
# This pistol is made in my home state. I live in Chilton County and Autauga County
# is 10 miles south of me and putting the factory in Prattville about 32 miles
# south of me.
#
# If you need parts for it, let me know.
#
# William L. Powell
# U.S. Army 62B Gulf War Veteran DAV Life Member
# National Rifle Association Life Member
# IPMS/USA 37660

I know this is an old post but I am in need of an extractor and spring for my Mark II.
Any chance you still have them?