Remington Nylon 66 serial number info
s***@gmail.com
2017-05-19 09:44:00 UTC
In front of forward hand grip , bottom of barrel, mine is 4606xx
s***@gmail.com
2018-07-01 12:52:21 UTC
EN is month & year it was made.. e=October, n=1966. Rifles made
before 1968 didn't require serial numbers..
n***@gmail.com
2019-03-14 11:38:30 UTC
On Wednesday, December 4, 2002 at 7:27:18 AM UTC-5, Jason Wright wrote:
# I am trying to find out some info on my Remington Nylon 66.
# I can't seem to find the serial number. Call me stupid.
#
# Just in front of the sight it says:
# "PAT. PEND.
# Remington
# 22 L.R ONLY
# EN 34"
#
# On the back of the stock it says:
# "REMINGTON ARMS
# CO. INC.
# ILION, NY."
#
# The bottom circular part of the stock says:
# "Remington
# Nylon
# 66"
#
# I know hundreds of thousands of these were produced for 30 years, but please
# help me find the serial number for mine.

There are several, good, on-line resources for tracing your 66.
If there is no # stamped into the metal receiver cover, you may find somethin on the
underside of the barrel (requires field stripping=EZ)
There may be some Dates codes stamped into the barrel, on both sides of the rear sight mount.
FYI- Remington (and others) did not put serial #s on guns until 1967, in compliance with the
Gun Control Act of 1968.