Rabaser rubber band pistol - Wayne Arms Co.
k***@gmail.com
2012-12-17 00:53:59 UTC
were you ever able to find any ammunition for the gun? I am trying to replace the bands for my dad and they are all broken.

thanks,
keith

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
Martin Eastburn
2012-12-17 04:11:09 UTC
What do they look like ?

I used tire inner tube that was sliced thin.
mhe

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley
2012-12-18 01:29:25 UTC
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:53:59 PM UTC-7, ***@gmail.com wrote:
# were you ever able to find any ammunition for the gun?

You should be able to modify one of these sizes, or they might even work as-is.
http://www.rubberbandguns.com/ammunition

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
TimR
2012-12-18 01:29:27 UTC
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:53:59 PM UTC-5, ***@gmail.com wrote:
# were you ever able to find any ammunition for the gun? I am trying to replace the bands for my dad and they are all broken.
#

What an impressive looking gun!

#From the image, it looks like the ammo is just thin rubber tubing, connected with a short plastic piece? I've never seen one of these.

Anyway, go here: http://slingshotforum.com/forum/93-slingshot-bands-and-tubes/
and look at the Chinese tubing section. You can get high quality tubing in any conceivable dimension here.

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
d***@mooresystems.com
2013-11-29 23:40:20 UTC
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

I also need bands. Did you find any?
Gunner Asch
2013-11-30 10:06:44 UTC
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 23:40:20 +0000 (UTC), ***@mooresystems.com
wrote:

#On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
## I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
## This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
## Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
## "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
## can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.
#I also need bands. Did you find any?

Perhaps you should approach this from another direction.

Google "latex rubber bands" gives 1.08 million hits
Gunner Asch
2013-11-30 10:06:45 UTC
wrote:

#On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
## I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
## This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
## Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
## "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
## can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.
#I also need bands. Did you find any?

A simple google of "rubber band gun ammo" gives us 360,000 hits

The very first hit was this one

http://www.rubberbandguns.com/

Check under "ammo"

Gunner
IGot2P
2013-12-03 10:20:50 UTC
On 11/29/2013 5:40 PM, ***@mooresystems.com wrote:
# On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# # I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# # This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# # Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# # "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# # can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.
# I also need bands. Did you find any?
#

I have been looking for mine since I saw your post and finally found it.
It was in one of my gun safes of all places. :-)

With the box, gun, gun case, original papers, and the receipt dated
02/23/84 were two packages of the rubber band ammo. One pack marked
"standard velocity" and the other marked "high velocity". Of course I
had to try them but no joy...broke three in a row. As they were in a gun
safe at 52 degrees F I thought they might have been a bit cool thus I am
currently letting them warm up to around 70 and then will try a couple more.

An no, I have not found a place to get the original ammo. OTOH, if you
need another gun there are a couple on Ebay ($199 and $259).

Don
2***@gmail.com
2014-04-02 20:39:44 UTC
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 6:53:03 PM UTC-7, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

I found while cleaning out an old gun closet 6 packages (10pcs ea) of the standard
velocity bands and 3 packages of the "high velocity" with original receipt from Wayne
Arms Company dated 4/1/1985

I was tempted to make use of them. But I could be convinced to sell them, All bands
are in original packaging and were in a dark closet with the ziploc style bags sealed
still containing the silicone wiper pads in each bag.

Let me know if you are interested.
IGot2P
2014-04-02 23:15:58 UTC
On 4/2/2014 3:39 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

I am not the OP of 13 years ago but I also found several bags of them
but unfortunately when I tried to use them they all broke...got quite
weak over time.
m***@gmail.com
2015-05-07 00:41:23 UTC
See eBay seller
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11021.m43.l3160/7?euid=e978ea790ea44981a1ef1c6fcce5a618&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D331547377472&exe=11896&ext=29353

Retiredassasin (3685) is the seller.

It came up on a search for 'rabaser'
I ordered some today and will post about it when received.
Mike b.
b***@aol.com
2015-05-22 02:00:28 UTC
I have one Rabaser gun in mint condition still in the box with a few bands and the
bag which is starting to fall apart and some paper work. Was going to list it after
the weekend. Offers ? Ken
k***@gmail.com

Could someone post a scan of the paperwork and instructions. Thank you!
k***@gmail.com
2016-01-17 03:07:41 UTC
Anybody know what the difference was between the two types of ammo. Was the high power shorter or have a thicker wall thickness?
Thanks
l***@gmail.com
2018-08-12 16:58:57 UTC
I just inherited one from my dad. Everything was in the box. All the paperwork, even the ammo.
But after 30 years all the ammo rubber had broken. I have photos but not sure how to upload them.
Frank
2018-08-14 19:05:27 UTC
On 8/12/2018 12:58 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
# I just inherited one from my dad. Everything was in the box. All the paperwork, even the ammo.
# But after 30 years all the ammo rubber had broken. I have photos but not sure how to upload them.
This is probably it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-80s-Wayne-Arms-Company-Rabaser-Precision-Rubber-Band-Gun-Nice-/323017917858

I have a rubber band pistol but it is not as slick as this one - just
plain wood. Rubber bands not as fancy. Also has a spinning target you
can shoot at.